Welcome to Eweka!
Follow the steps below to configure your newsreader.
Log In Credentials
Username Your Selected User Name
Password Your Selected Password
Server Address news.eweka.nl(automatically configured for NewsLazer)
Port 563 (SSL), 119
SSL: 563, 443
SSL: 563, 443
Standard: 119, 80
Usenet requires a newsreader. Our top choice is NewsLazer. Download it for free below to get started!
Usenet requires a newsreader. Our top choice is NewsLazer. Download it for free to get started!
Unlimited Search Fastest Downloads Instant Setup
Download It Here
NewsLazer is made for desktop. An email has been sent to you so you can complete the download on your computer.
Click through the steps below and learn how to...
Install NewsLazer On Mac OS
1. Click on the installer: newslazer_3.1.2.dmg
2. Drag and drop the NewsLazer icon into your Applications folder.
3. Open your applications folder. Scroll down until you see the NewsLazer application and then double-click it.
4. Your computer may ask you for confirmation to open the NewsLazer application. Click Open to continue. If it does not ask you for confirmation, proceed to the next step.
Install NewsLazer On Linux
1. Open terminal Applications->Accessories->Terminal.
2. Go to your download folder cd /home/user/Downloads or cd ~/Downloads.
3. Make the file executable chmod +x newslazer-3.1.2-linux-x64-installer.run.
4. Run the file ./newslazer-3.1.2-linux-x64-installer.run. If the file fails to run, try to use sudo ./newslazer-3.1.2-linux-x64-installer.run with your password.
1. Find newslazer-3.1.2-linux-x64-installer.run in the file manager.
2. Right-click it and select Properties.
3. Then, select Permissions.
4. Allow the file to run as an executable.
5. Double-click newslazer-3.1.2-linux-x64-installer.run to run the file.
Install NewsLazer On Windows
1. Click on the installer: newslazer_setup_3.1.2.exe.
2. A Warning message may pop up. If it does, give permission allowing NewsLazer to continue the installation.
3. Complete the 3-step Setup Wizard to select your destination folder and finish the installation.
Log In With NewsLazer.
1. If NewsLazer is not already opened, double-click it in your Applications Folder to open it.
2. Enter your Eweka Username and Password. These can be found at the top of this page, under Log In Credentials.
Search For Files
1. Open NewsLazer.
2. Click the Search the Usenet keyword box located at the top right of the newreader. Type your search and press the Enter key.
3. You can also click the Search the Usenet keyword box located within the page.
Download From Usenet
1. After you have searched for a file using NewsLazer, double-click the item to download it.
2. A prompt will ask you to confirm your choice. If you don’t want to be asked this again, place a check next to the Don’t ask me again checkbox. Then click Download to continue.
3. That’s it! You’ve successfully downloaded from Usenet. Completed downloads appear in your default download folder.